Content Marketing is a marketing strategy that involves creating and sharing content with the goal of attracting, acquiring, and engaging consumers. The objective is to drive profitable customer action by providing valuable information or entertainment without directly selling or making a call to action. This content can be presented in various forms such as text, video, Q&A’s, photos, and more. The core principle behind this strategy is that by consistently delivering valuable information to buyers, businesses can build trust and respect while converting prospects into customers.
Benefits of Employing a Content Marketing Strategy:
- Digital marketing offers businesses a greater visibility and wider reach compared to traditional marketing methods. It allows potential customers to easily find you and obtain valuable information about your industry and products. Furthermore, it helps establish higher levels of trust between your business and customers.
- The benefits of digital marketing are extensive, as it not only builds brand awareness but also facilitates customer acquisition, generates leads, and fosters customer loyalty. By leveraging digital marketing strategies, businesses can effectively promote their products or services while building a strong and loyal customer base.
Content Marketing has gained popularity as the king of all marketing strategies
The speed at which information can reach its target audience has been a game-changer for businesses worldwide. As a result, content marketing has become the go-to tactic for building brand awareness. In a recent survey conducted by HiveFire, a leading internet marketing software solutions company, almost 400 marketing professionals were interviewed about the state of the business-to-business market. The findings revealed that marketers are shifting away from traditional tactics like search marketing and placing more emphasis on content marketing as their primary brand-enhancing tool.
Furthermore, several studies conducted by various opinion-gathering agencies have yielded interesting insights. It was found that eight percent of business decision makers prefer receiving company information in the form of articles rather than advertisements. Additionally, seventy percent of these individuals reported feeling closer to the sponsoring company through content marketing efforts, while sixty percent stated that company-generated content assisted them in making better product decisions (as reported by Roper Public Affairs).
According to a report published by the Content Marketing Institute, titled “B2B Content Marketing Strategy: 2013 Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends,” 40% of B2B marketers stated that their content marketing efforts were deemed “effective” or “very effective”. This report also presented some noteworthy statistics.
Percentage of B2B Marketers Who Use Various Social Media Sites to Distribute Content
(Source: 2013 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks–North America: CMI/MarketingProfs)
According to this report, the most efficient content marketers in the B2B industry are believed to be:
- Allocate a greater portion of their marketing budget towards content marketing initiatives.
- Implement additional strategies and disseminate content across a wider range of social media platforms.
- Increase the frequency of tailoring content to specific customer personas in order to optimise marketing efforts.
- Are less challenged by buy-in from management
All the data collected clearly indicates that content marketing will continue to grow in importance. For business owners seeking to generate leads and drive sales, content marketing is the most effective strategy moving forward.
What are your available options?
This subject matter is quite extensive, and it could easily fill an entire book. However, the fundamental principles involve utilising various channels as depicted in the bar graph above to direct potential customers to your website. The objective is for them to subscribe to your email list, follow you on Twitter, or subscribe to your YouTube channel – whatever method aligns with your preferences. This enables you to deliver valuable content tailored to their specific interests.
Please continue to subscribe to us, and we will provide you with more valuable tips specifically tailored for professional service firms in the future.
If your marketing efforts are becoming more successful and your growth is outpacing your internal capabilities, consider reaching out to BOSS for assistance with outsourcing tax compliance and SMSF work.
We can help you free up valuable time to focus on expanding your marketing initiatives. Contact us today for more information or to get started immediately!